Saturday, March 13, 2010

easin into it!?

this post will be short as its 22:23 as I write this (23 minutes past my bedtime) and I'm feelin kinda under the weather. haha thats rather funny considering how it's raining outside? get it, under the weather, pressure changes... anyway. Where to begin? I've been extremely tired these past three days.

This week was supposed to be R&R for my training. I succeeded Mon-Wed and was feeling great. Then Thursday happened. It was my first day at EMS from 11-4 and I had strength training scheduled that day too. So I hit the gym at 9:30, did three sets of squats, push-ups, seated rows, and abdominals (crunches) with twist. Got home, showered, realized I got to the gym late and my wonderfully planned schedule for making it into work really early was unraveling and made it to work 3 minutes early. phew.

I sat in front of the computer pretty much all day. frikken computer-based training. important stuff but not a very exciting method of transmitting the information. I ended up working only 5 hours so they wouldn't have to send me to a lunch break. ouch. but I understand, managers have to keep the schedule trim sometimes and it was only my first day. then I went home and Thursday night is trash night so I spent the next hour in our backyard picking up after that little furry four-legged monster that is also part of our family.
And I was ready to go to sleep at 6:30 that night.

Friday I worked 10-4, then came home and had a whirlwind cleaning session after I drove to Hannafords for 2lbs Frozen-at-sea, wild caught Sockeye Salmon. Then I proceeded to make dinner for my girlfriend Jess who was going to have dinner with me and my parents. I baked the salmon with some olive oil, oregano and thyme and it came out amazing! Trader Joe's Basmati rice medly (the one with dried veggies and wild rice) gave us some good carbs and then we had green beans. excellent. some ice cream for desert leftover from when two people in my family had cavities filled last week (I know this may seem counter-productive but we did it anyway...) and it was a great meal.

Now its raining. Does anyone else out in the blogworld have problems with their parents freaking out at them when they try to ride in rain like this? I mean light rain isn't a big deal but driving rain with the winds we've had? I might as well be a recently turned 18 year-old girl asking my dad if I can get a tattoo. Dad won't have any of it. I'm sure some of you have run into this and after sliding out in a wet 120 degree, off camber, downhill turn four hours after rain stopped one summer day three years ago I know the danger of riding in the wet. I guess I can just ride less and inside since I haven't done bike workouts inside in about three weeks so I've been good about minimizing the time on the rollers. only thing that sucks is I'm trying to get used to the Mountain bike position and I don't have slick tires so I end up throwing the road bike on. oh, the things I have to put up with right?

anyway I'm gonna go to bed. Things at EMS are going really well and the crew there is great and loves working for the company. I saw my good friend Josh Weinstein tonight, he's finishing up his B.S. in physics at UVM and I need to go visit him sometime soon. what a guy. a day of rest tomorrow, maybe I'll go to church and see if our music director who had to call off men's choir rehearsal this morning because of his flu is feeling better/can play the organ.

1 comment:

  1. did i ever tell you that i played the organ for 9 years and am EXTREMELY good at it!? fun fact! your dinner you made sounds really good.. wish i was eating salmon these days!
    your dad cares a lot about you.. youre very lucky!

    ReplyDelete